Orange Chicken Marinade (feeds 20)
Orange Juice, 1 quart
Orange, cut into 1/8 inch, 3 each
Garlic, peeled and chopped, 4 cloves
Shallots, peeled and copped, 6 each
Chipotle paste, 1/4 cup
Sherry Vinegar, 1/2 cup
Thyme, 3 springs
Bay Leaves, 4 each
Olive Oil, 2 cups
Salt, 1 tbsp
Pepper, 1 tbsp
- Place all ingredients in large stainless bowl and mix well
- Place chicken in large ziploc bag or large dish and cover with marinade, make sure chicken is thoroughly coated
- Let is marinate for at least 45 minutes, up to 6 hours, if time permits
- Grille (usually about 10 minutes, internal temp of a chicken breast should be 165)
this is our super simple recipe for a summer salad dressing.
we like to drizzle it over sliced avocados, cucumbers & a variety of oranges – served on a bed of arugula.
- 2 cups of cranberries, sun dried
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1 tsp of local honey
- add all ingredients except the olive oil in your food processor
- blend for 2 minutes
- after 2 minutes, keep it running and slowly add olive oil
- drizzle on top of your summer salad & enjoy!
photo credit: partysweets
photo courtesy of growingagreenerworld.com
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated on microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 six-inch sprigs fresh basil with leaves attached
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and split in half
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Process tomatoes and their juice through food mill, pulse in food processor until pureed, or puree with hand blender. Puree should not be completely smooth, but should have no chunks larger than 1/16 of an inch. Set tomatoes aside.
- Combine butter and oil in medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and large pinch salt and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, basil sprigs, onion halves, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to lowest setting (bubbles should barely be breaking the surface), and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2, about 1 hour. Season to taste with salt. Allow to cool and store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling (Chef’s Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can’t find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
Combine the bread flour, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
During this holiday season, I must express my sincere appreciation for you all.
“You all” are our small business neighbors, our customers, and our amazing staff.
I find that during this holiday season, and especially in these trying times for those who mourn in Connecticut, it is imperative that I express my appreciation and share the spirit of the holidays with all of you.
Working at Mia’s Pizzas for the past three years has been an amazing opportunity for me. It is one in which I have been blessed to work in a wonderful community and work with a team that feels like my family, one that challenges me and makes me laugh.
So, “Thank You” from the bottom of my heart for supporting Mia’s Pizzas and I wish you a wonderful holiday season, filled with good people, good times, and good food.
Manager, Mia’s Pizzas
Meet owner & Head-Chef Melissa Ballinger – she will do a demo and Q/A session in the Mia’s kitchen.
Then – make your own pizza!
$22 per person includes a gourmet pizza with up to 4 toppings, a non-alcoholic beverage, tax & gratuity!
You must register for this event, and space is limited: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t have time to go out to lunch? We now deliver Monday-Friday to local offices 11:30-5:00
Call our General Manager, Rob Gindes at 301-718-6427
Please give us at least 24 hours advanced notice
(download a pdf of the menu here)
“ The Tuscan” Served Family Style– $15.00 per person + 6% Sales Tax
1) Select one salad – Mixed Field Greens, Traditional Caesar, Baby Spinach, Tomato & Mozzarella
2) Select one side dish- Mediterranean Antipasto platter, Assorted Crostini Platter, Pasta Salad
3) Chef Mia’s sandwich platter (Roasted Vegetable, Grilled Chicken, Italian Cold cut, Mozzarella/Tomato/Basil)
“The Sicilian” Served Family Style – $20.00 per person + 6% Sales Tax
1) Select one salad- Mixed Field Greens, Arugula & Pear, Chopped Romaine
2) Select one side dish- Italian Antipasto Platter, Assorted Crostini Platter, Pasta Salad
3) Select one side dish- Seasonal Fruit Platter, Deviled Eggs
4) Chef Mia’s Sandwich Platter (Roasted Vegetable, Grilled Chicken, Italian Cold Cuts, Mozzarella/Tomato/Basil)
Additional charge for desserts- ask us about Rosie’s house-made cupcakes!
please join us for puppies on the patio next sunday!
drinks specials: $2 off drafts, wine & sangria
$5 will be donated on behalf of each pup on the patio. last month we donated $95, and we hope to donate a lot more! so come out, meet your neighbors and their best friends, and enjoy the last days of summer on our patio!
11:30 AM to 9 PM
Straight A’s + Mia’s = Free Dessert!
Mia’s wants to encourage and reward those who excel this term. Come show off your straight-A report card at the end of the term and we will be delighted to send a free dessert your way. Now your only homework is to decide what you’re going to get!